Real Name : John Franklin Candy
Date of birth : October 31, 1950
Location of birth : Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Date of death : March 4, 1994
Location of death : Durango, Mexico
Spouse : Rosemary Margaret Hobor
Other information :
* John Candy has two children, Jennifer (b.1980) and Christopher (b.1984).
* The musical group Ween dedicated their 1994 LP Chocolate And Cheese to John Candy.
* John Candy was a co-owner of the Toronto Argonauts of the Canadian Football League.
* John Candy was part of the group Northern Lights who sang the song “Tears Are Not Enough” — which was on the We Are The World album.
* John Candy was a cameo in Ray Parker Jr.’s “Ghostbusters” music video.
* John Candy died while filming “Wagons East” in Mexico.
* John Candy was buried at Holy Cross Cemetery, Culver City, California, USA.
Specific Interment Location: Mausoleum, Room 7, Block 1. (Click here to see a map of John Candy’s grave and click here to see the picture of John Candy’s grave)
* John Candy’s funeral was held on March 9, 1994 at St. Martin of Tours church. Those in attendance for the service included Tom Hanks, Chevy Chase, Bill Murray, Martin Short, Rick Moranis, Jim Belushi, Rhea Perlman, Mariel Hemingway, Ed Harris, and Dan Aykroyd (who delivered the eulogy).
Address of Saint Martin of Tours church : 11967 Sunset Boulevard, Brentwood, CA.