Below are some of the famous quotes from WW2 (World War two)
“Yesterday, December 7, 1941 – a date which will live in infamy – the United States of America was suddenly and deliberately attacked by naval and air forces of the Empire of Japan.”
– President Franklin D. Roosevelt
What puffs and patters?
What clicks and clatters?
I know what, O, what fun!
It’s a lovely Gatling-gun!
– Excerpt from NAZI picturebook for young children
“Where Napoleon failed, I shall succeed. I shall land on the shores of Britain”.
– Adolf Hitler, Nazi Dictator
“A pint of sweat, saves a gallon of blood.”
– General George S. Patton (1885-1945)
“No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country.”
– General George S. Patton, Jr
“When this war is over, the Japanese language will be spoken only in hell.”
– Admiral Bill Halsey (December 7, 1941)
“I shall return.”
– General Douglas Macarthur, Supreme Allied Commander of South-West Pacific (speaking about the Philippines, when he was forced to retreat to Austrailia, 1942)
“I have returned.”
– General Douglas Macarthur, Supreme Allied Commander of South-West Pacific (at the Philippines, 1944)
– General MacAuliffe (when asked to surrender during the Battle of the Bulge, 1944)
“Let us therefore brace ourselves to our duty and so bear ourselves that if the British Commonwealth and Empire last for a thousand years, men will still say ‘This was their finest hour!'”
– Prime Minister Winston Churchill
“I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.”
– J. Robert Oppenheimer, a scientist involve with the development of the atomic bomb (July 16, 1945 quoting the Hindu Scriptures after the first atomic bomb detonation)
“Anyone who sees and paints a sky green and fields blue ought to be sterilized.”